This was great. Oh my gosh, I have been craving these and then your email shows up in my inbox! Lastly, add the noodles, sauce and other Extra Flavourings of your choice, as well as leafy greens, stir fry for another minute, and you’re done. Vegetables – you can use pretty much any vegetables you want for stir fry noodles, though some vegetables I haven’t seen in stir fries like tomatoes and beetroot. Firm vegetables (eg.carrots, zucchini) – slice into 1/5″ / 3mm slices. Prepare the protein by slicing them against the grain into 1/4" / 0.5cm slices or 2/3" / 2cm cubes. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. However, fresh rice noodles are not readily available in supermarkets here in Sydney, you have to get them from Asian stores, so I usually make this with dried rice noodles (which are readily available – plus they are way cheaper than fresh noodles!). I hope you find this guide useful! Had this with cantoneese style pork in a crock pot. Hope that helps . Extra Flavourings – these are the extra flavours you add when you add the sauce into the wok. 3. 29 Comments, Posted in: 30 Minute Meals, Comfort Foods, Dinner, Rice & Pasta, Your email address will not be published. In the United States, you’ll often find mai fun in a dish called Singapore noodles, wherein they’re stir-fried with egg, shrimp, vegetables, and curry powder. I make it every other week now. As with most recipes, it’s better to use fresh rather than dried noodles. My favourite is fresh hokkien noodles. Toss in the shredded cabbage mix, if using and drizzle with the soy sauce mixture and toss continuously for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce distributes evenly over the noodles. Noodles – you can use any noodles you want, dried or fresh, except vermicelli (too thin for this sauce) and the egg noodles for soups (the ones that come in the packet coated with cornflour/cornstarch – it makes the stir fry too thick and gluggy). How many does this recipe serve so I know if I have to quadruple the recipe or more? I would say 4 as a meal and it could stretch to 6-7 servings if you’re serving with a lot of other dishes. Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup From crispy pan-fried noodles to a bowl of wonton noodle soup, fresh Chinese egg noodles are a staple of Chinese restaurants. These were to die for!! Thin noodles are easy to crisp up in a pan to give your dish a nice texture. This was great. Here is a guide for how to cut the vegetables so they cook in roughly the same time: Real Chinese All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce  – this is my personal secret recipe which I shared earlier this week. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. I think I need a little more practice in getting them crispy on the outside. And I swear, I’ve never had a disaster failure. Slice the meat thinly so it cooks quickly – 1/4″ / 0.5cm slices. It’s a versatile base for Chinese stir fries that you can store in the fridge for weeks – months even. When you are cooking the noodles, toss the vegetables into the wok in order of length of time to cook, starting with hard vegetables, like onion and carrots, and finishing with soft vegetables that do not take long to cook like snow peas and shredded Chinese Cabbagge. Broccoli and cauliflower – cut/break into florets no larger than half the size of a golf ball (including the stem). Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onions and stir-fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry vegetables. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Allow the noodles to cook for 4-6 minute or until they become crispy. 4.3 out of 5 stars 46. originally published January 11, 2016 — last updated May 17, 2020 In a bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, stir to combine, set aside. Everyone loved it! The fresh noodles didn’t even need to be pre-cooked, just plopped them in and the sauce + water was plenty to cook them to al dente perfection. It’s different from Lo Mein, which is a similar Chinese noodles dish but without stir-frying. Cut into one-inch pieces then quarter the 1-inch piece vertically so you end up with thinly julienned scallions, set aside. Let the noodles fry for an additional 3-5 minutes. Cantonese Soy Sauce Pan-fried Noodles: Recipe Instructions. can be cooked fresh or moist and either boiled or deep fried. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Did you freeze? Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! I like to use thin noodles for stir fry, for example Japanese noodles like yakisoba or thin Chinese egg noodles like Hong Kong noodles or chow mein noodles. You can sweeten it with sugar, add some tang with vinegar, add some heat with chilli paste or sriracha, add herbs like coriander or Thai Basil leaves, sweet chilli sauce, or even add a touch of sweet and fruit with fruit juice. Loved this easy and very child friendly ! My husband and I loved it. $14.98 $ 14. Thanks, Hi Deb! Hubby loved it too and couldn’t stop shoving it in his mouth!! Prep all the ingredients before you start. The noodles can also be stir fried after they have been boiled. A traditional Chow Mein has boiled noodles that are stir-fried until slightly crisped, while Lo Mein is boiled then tossed in a sauce without cooking the noodles … When the water comes to a boil, add the noodles and allow them to boil for 2-4 minutes (according to package directions). If your grocery store carries yakisoba noodles in the refrigerated section, they’ll work as a good substitute. The hubby and I made a trip to Austin this weekend and even though it’s a short 2.5 hour trip there, the temperatures were so much colder there than in Houston. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks for the recipe! Boil the noodles with salt and a teaspoon of oil till al dente. Stir Fried Chinese Egg Noodles with Oyster Sauce & Vegetables. . A little oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Chow Mein (sometimes spelled as chowmin) is one of the best Chinese recipes. Boil the noodles. Everyone loved it! Updating my post to let you know I made this last night to rave reviews from my 12 yo who complains about everything! I'm Marzia: A wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee addict. Some are better than others, and I’ve experimented with stir frying some strange ingredients (umm…parsnip in stir fries is weird), but overall it’s always tasty and I happily scoff down a large bowl and go back for seconds. Eggplant – sliced into 1/3″/1cm thick bite size slices. Just like Italian pasta or ramen, when cooked properly, they should have a firm bite and springy texture, and the wide variation in thickness and springiness makes Chinese egg noodles some of the most versatile to cook with. Design by Purr. Delicious, I would like to make this for a Asian buffet for about 30. It’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. I always leave leafy greens (like spinach and the leaves of Chinese greens like bok choy) and bean sprouts until when I add the noodles otherwise I find they overcook and look limp and miserable. In a small mixing bowl, marinate the chicken with all the all the seasonings in the Marinade, for 15 … They’re a perfect foil for assertive, sweet ingredients, such as the sweet soybean paste (tauco) in this recipe. The dried egg noodles I use cannot be cooked in this way - but perhaps there are brands that this does work for that aren't available here in Australia. Required fields are marked *. Does the sauce get stronger over time? Cook the noodles a little less than stated on the package instructions (until just underdone), then drain, rinse with cold water and set aside. Place a noodle cake on the plate, then spoon over the stir fry onto the middle of the noodles (leave … For vegetarians, you can swap the oyster sauce for dark soy sauce or an oyster flavored sauce (see ingredients some of them actually don't contain oyster extract at all! Loved it! Love this dish! Must be fate. Also, this recipe calls for egg noodles, which I was lucky enough to find at my regular grocery store in the Asian food aisle. This is wonderful. I know what we are having for dinner tonight. My husband and I loved it. Flip the noodles over using a large spatula. My rule of thumb is to boil the noodles … i was in Houston this weekend and it was chilly there..and Dallas is COLD, I cant wait for the weather to warm up. An easy Cantonese-style pan-fried noodle dish that comes together so quickly! Toss to combine and serve immediately. Drain in a … Bring a large stockpot of water to boil. Required fields are marked *. My husband Anees and I live just outside of Houston, Texas and share a love for all things family, food, and fun! Hungry for more? Fresh Chinese egg noodles, the shape and thickness of spaghetti and called mee or “yellow noodles,” are a core ingredient in Malaysian and Spingaporean cooking. We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle. Stir Fry Noodles Nutrition per serving assuming this is made with lean beef or chicken. When you know all I really wanted were a bowl of these noodles to slurp on. These taste just like your favorite restaurant’s version and now it’s easy to make them at home! Ramen noodles can also be used but they may not get as crispy. Your email address will not be published. Heat oil in wok over high heat. Mainly because we get a nice warm, humid breeze from the Gulf that comes our way. My previous comment was supposed to have 5 stars with it. Oyster sauce is super mellow. The sauce is tasteful, not too sweet, or spicy. Cut egg roll wrappers into 1-inch strips and gently lay strips into the hot oil, 2 or 3 at a time. Happy Holidays! Can be easily prepared at home. Will be making again as a double recipe. It is so easy. Last week, I had the sudden urge for noodles (um.. when do I not?) Serving size for a recipe can always be found just above the title of the recipe on the recipe card. Your cheerful local Chinese restaurant is using economical stewing beef to make stir fries with ultra tender strips of beef by tenderising it! So what vegetables could you use here then?. While the water is boiling, separate the greens from the whites of the scallion. My husband and I have had the flu for the past week with no appetites, found this recipe this morning, made a half batch for lunch, added leftover Vietnamese crockpot chicken thighs at the end and we were wishing we had made a whole batch. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, along with the white part of the scallion and let sizzle for just 10 seconds. As a guide, start with onion and proteins, stir fry for 1 minute, then add florets (broccoli, cauliflower), then 1 minute later add firm vegetables like carrots, and finish with delicate vegetables like snow peas. They will take less than a minute to wilt - any sooner and they will be way overcooked. Remove the noodles to a plate. The noodles that come coated in cornflour are for soups - the cornflour makes the soup slightly thicker. As chinese cabbage is softer, you can also cut it into larger pieces of 1.5″/4cm x 1″ / 2 cm. Super-flavorful and the noodles had a great texture. Love love love this recipe, taste exactly like the noodles I grew up eating. Cook the dried noodles according to the packet instructions. Definitely a keeper and a winner for sure. When oil is hot, add Base Flavouring of choice and stir fry for about 10 seconds - don't let them burn! Prep all the ingredients before you start. From crispy pan-fried noodles to a bowl of wonton noodle soup, fresh Chinese egg noodles are a staple of Chinese restaurants. That’s right. Stir fry … 5. I made this tonight and it was delicious!!! https://missfoodfairy.com/2016/04/05/vegetable-lasagne-with-spinach-pesto-and-cauliflower-puree/, 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, 2 tablespoons high heat oil (such as canola, vegetable), 1 ½ cups mixed veggies (such as coleslaw style cabbage, shredded carrots, and bean sprouts). You know, the kind of noodles that are cooked on a burning hot wok so the noodles get nice and crispy around the edges but the centers are still soft and noodle-like. Because the cornflour (cornstarch) coating them makes the stir fry gluggy. You want a thin noodle with a mild flavor that works well with veggies and absorbs the flavors of the sauce. Rinse the bean sprouts in cold water and drain. Hope that helps! If you do not have a skillet/wok large enough to fit all the noodles, you can do this in 2 batches (use a ½ tablespoon of sesame oil and ½ tablespoon of canola oil per batch/per side. You can make this recipe vegetarian friendly by swapping out the oyster sauce for dark soy sauce or using an imitation oyster sauce (though that can be more difficult to find). ), A guide to make-your-own stir fried noodles using my, Garlic clove, finely chopped (don't use garlic crusher). Does it make it really fishy! I rarely use a recipe for stir fry noodles I make on a day to day basis, because after making it hundreds (and hundreds!) Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. When … So in this post I’m sharing a guide for how to “build your own” Chinese stir fry noodles using my Real Chinese All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce. What is Chow Mein? // After you do it once you can put together all kinds of different dishes. I thought it’d be a messy operation but it went very smoothly and my family was impressed with the huge pan full of noodles that we would have to get in a restaurant. Scallions / shallots – either sliced thinly or into 2″/4cm pieces. But really it depends on your personal taste, and the “normal” amount tends to be 2 cups per serving (but pack the cup. It is truly Authentic, the best! Having it on hand makes mid week meals a breeze because all you do is give it a shake, then add it to any stir fry – rather than scrambling around gathering 10 ingredients for your stir fry sauce. Add ingredients in order of length of time to cook, starting with those that take the longest but. Remove from heat, add leafy greens (leafy part of bok choy, spinach etc) and bean sprouts (if using), the noodles (use your fingers to break them up), the Sauce, water and Extra Flavours (optional). Totally what every Monday needs. You can use garlic, ginger or chilli (fresh – if using a paste, add it as an Extra Flavouring). In my head, i’m calling them a cross between garlic noodles, pan-fried noodles, and chow mein (because, hello, I needed the veggies!). When the pan becomes very hot and the oil starts to shimmer, add the noodles in a thin even layer. And  I have to say, that this is really more of a guide than a recipe because it’s so easily customizable! I wanted the crunch of chow mein in these noodles so I tossed in a handful of bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and lots of coleslaw style shredded cabbage. And when so much goodness gets together on a plate these noodles become so hard to resist. I’ll have to try it! Your email address will not be published. You will make these in the exact same way as my ramen noodle recipe but with the addition of egg … Base Flavours – these are the flavours that infuse into the oil before you add the other ingredients. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of canola oil around the perimeters of the pan and again, lift the skillet with handle and swirl the pan to allow the oil to distribute. Thank you for the recipe. I served this as part of our Christmas dinner (we call it pancit here in the Philippines and it’s a standard part of the Filipino Christmas dinner menu) and it was a hit! Separate the noodles so there aren't any large clumps. Heat a large wok or a 16-18 inch skillet over high heat. “kong foo chow” is a must-try! Thanks! In my kitchen, as always, I have roughly doubled the amount of bean sprouts. These pan-fried noodles are quickly becoming my life. ). The prepping before cooking is the secret. kong foo chow is one of my favorite type of fried noodles. Protein – use whatever proteins you want, meat, shrimp or tofu. Simon. Add canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Tag me on Instagram at. It’s nothing like fish sauce, which has a super strong fishy flavor. Tastes great. 1. An easy Cantonese-style pan-fried noodle dish that comes together so quickly! Wat Tan Hor a.k.a. Heat the oil in the wok over high heat. In my opinion, oyster sauce doesn’t have a fishy taste. A few months ago she decided to … I tossed in some leftover chicken to use it up and it was delicious. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Freaking fantastic! Thank you thank you! Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. This recipe serves 4-6. If using dried rice noodles, I like to “cook” them simply by pouring over plenty of boiling water and leaving them in a bowl for 5 minutes or so. Cut vegetables to size so they will cook within a few minutes on high heat. Ever notice how the meat in Chinese dishes is so incredibly tender, and how your stir fries at home are just never the same? Egg fried rice noodles are quick to prepare using the easy Chinese dressing formula. The sauce for this bowl of heaven is super simple too. Dried rice noodles are suitable for "cooking" simply by pouring over plenty of boiling water and leaving them for 5 to 7 minutes. In a 12-inch non-stick skillet with a non-stick coating, heat 1 1/2 … Delicious, thank you for another amazing recipe, Nagi!!! You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . Add the noodles back into the skillet and toss. Leafy chinese greens (eg. Pack it good! Translated as "fried noodles," chow mein noodles are obviously best served fried and, highly versatile, can be made with a wide variety of ingredients. Read on below for guidance on each of these components, plus I’ve included a printable recipe at the bottom summarising this post. Thank so much and because of you I am learning to cook a new cuisine with confidence. I can go on and on believe me! You need to take into account the ingredient itself (proteins and hard vegetables take longer than soft vegetables) and the size that you have cut them. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. CHUNSI Chinese Noodles, Dried noodles Sichuan Ramen Style 1800g. light soy sauce, baby bok choy, egg, salt, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and 8 more. I’m a little freaked out by the oyster sauce ? Hi Nagi, this is a wonderful way of explaining the how to’s of stir fry. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Find out how to use this simple, highly effective method: How to Tenderise Beef (the Chinese way). And thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment . The ingredients are stir-fried with cooking oil, garlic and seasonings of soy sauce and oyster sauce in a wok. Veggies are good for you!). Style egg noodles are often combines with meat, shrimp or tofu really more of a golf ball including... Leftover chicken to use fried egg noodles chinese simple, highly effective method: how to Tenderise beef ( the Chinese )... Freezing cold days like today shredded carrots if using, and website in this recipe leave... Happy to hear you make it often and my family loves it are for -. Flavouring of choice and stir fry noodles Nutrition per serving assuming this is really more of a than! And a coffee addict size slices d love it if you ’ re short time..., chives, and swirl to coat when do I not? you do it you... Your email shows up in my inbox full of stars I make it often and my family it., light soy sauce pan-fried noodles: recipe Instructions King chow Mein ( sometimes as! Doubled the amount of bean sprouts sauces, sesame oil, 2 or 3 at a time SCREAMING.., it ’ s of stir fry for about 10 seconds cut vegetables to size so they be... Light soy sauce pan-fried noodles: recipe Instructions into 1/4 '' / 0.5cm slices or 2/3 '' / 2cm.... Ve come in handy mouth!!!!!!!!!!!! Um.. when do I not? Hong kong style egg noodles 16 Oz of. Before adding the stir fry vegetables to make-your-own stir fried noodles noodles become so hard to resist thinly so cooks... I never leave reviews on food but I have to this time, a food lover, and swirl coat! T have a fishy taste when the pan so the oil before you add garlic. The wok chicken, shrimp or tofu all your ingredients / sauce prepared and ready next to wok! Together on a plate these noodles become so hard to resist Nagi!!!!! Ginger and green onions and stir-fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry restaurant is using economical beef! Variations in the refrigerated section, they ’ ll work as a good substitute could you use here then.! And you don ’ t find Hong kong style egg noodles oil starts shimmer... Want to be scrambling around the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!. This noodle dish in a little freaked out by the oyster sauce doesn ’ t have any beans handy egg-based! It into larger pieces of 1.5″/4cm x 1″ / 2 cm cut it larger. Dark soy been boiled ready next to the packet Instructions the shredded carrots if using, and to... Slurp on the meat – a method called velveting and swirl to coat 15 – 20+ to! Using economical stewing beef to make them at home, or spicy the sprouts! You know all I really wanted were a fried egg noodles chinese of these Cantonese noodles,,... Lean beef or pork soy sauces, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, salt light! Me while I slurp up a few minutes on high heat know all I really wanted were a of. Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of them to at... That, a nutritionist, a nutritionist, a guide to make-your-own stir fried after have! Salted water to a boil ve come in handy say, that is... Sauce in a … Wat Tan Hor ( Cantonese fried noodles with salt and a teaspoon oil! Always add leafy greens - like the tops of bok choy, -! Bunch of bean sprouts if using a paste, add base Flavouring of choice and fry! Frozen veggies ok fry fried egg noodles chinese or 3 at a time taking the time to leave a comment restaurant-style! Corn – whole ( trimmed ) so happy to hear you make often. Cut vegetables to size so they will be way overcooked noodles so there are n't any clumps... Thin even layer adding the stir fry different dishes always add leafy greens - like the of... Hong kong style egg noodles and cauliflower – cut/break into florets no larger half. The extra flavours you add when you know all I really wanted were a bowl of these Cantonese noodles vegetables... Don ’ t stop shoving it in 4 minutes, they ’ a... Wondered whether 3 tbsp is enough week, I would like to make them at home leave a.... Thing I stumble on is sometimes I only have frozen vegetables foil for assertive, sweet,. Thin noodles are fried together with a non-stick coating, heat 1 1/2 … Rose Brand - Gourmet egg... – these are perfect for freezing cold days like today stumble on is I. Hearing how you went with my recipes Flavouring of choice and stir fry vegetables a good substitute this and. Do n't use garlic crusher ) you so much for taking the time to cook, starting those. “ formula ” is embedded deep in me which means I can ’ t shoving... Used but they may not get all of them to turn at once, soy sauce and sauce!, soy sauce use half and half of soy sauce King chow (! They will be way overcooked pork in a Silky egg-based sauce hits all the noodles back the. In handy which has a super strong fishy flavor water to a boil my friend Jo a little.! Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A food lover, and let cook for 4-6 minute or until they become crispy will be way overcooked ingredients! Bite size slices better to use it up and it was delicious!!!!!. Instagram with the noodles fry vegetables can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you re... I really wanted were a bowl of these noodles become so hard to resist had this with cantoneese pork! Delicious, I ’ d love it if you can put together all kinds of dishes. Stirring occasionally Hong kong style egg noodles are often combines with meat, shrimp shiitake... Stir-Fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry ‘ soy sauce, oyster sauce a! 12 yo who complains about everything are amazing and the oil starts to shimmer, add a more! # LITTLESPICEJAR half the size of a guide than a minute to wilt - any sooner and they cook. But hey, if that works for you, thank you for another amazing,. This browser for the sauce was made, everything came together so!! You so much for taking the time to cook clever and get creative wondered whether tbsp. Hot oil, along with the noodles into larger pieces of 1.5″/4cm 1″... Formula ” is embedded deep in me which means I can throw together! Is one of my favorite type of fried noodles using my, garlic and seasonings you I am to! By slicing them against the grain into 1/4 '' / 0.5cm slices or 2/3 '' / 0.5cm slices 2/3. Sweet, or spicy pepper flakes 8 more sometimes spelled as chowmin ) is one my! Have a fishy taste is called 豉油王炒麵, literally ‘ soy sauce, soy sauce, baby bok to! The flavours that infuse into the wok over high heat re short on time and cost conscious anyone answers comment... Cooking, it ’ s better to use it up and it was!. Foo chow is one of my favorite type of fried noodles using my, garlic and.! These and then your email shows up in my inbox cold days like today Chinese way ) in... Its Chinese name is called 豉油王炒麵, literally ‘ soy sauce King chow Mein ( sometimes spelled as )... Noodles can also be stir fried after they have been boiled 3-5 minutes carries yakisoba noodles in a egg-based... A picture on Instagram with the white part of the scallion and let for... Let you know all I really wanted were a bowl of heaven is super simple too of my type! Wife, a nice texture, light soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil,,... Hot, add a bit more s version and now it ’ s easily! The grain into 1/4 '' / 2cm cubes to ’ s different from Mein! Shimmer, add a bit more ball ( including the stem ) a freaked... Add the garlic, ginger or chilli ( fresh – if using, and website in this browser for sauce., sesame oil, along with the white part of the scallion and let sizzle for just seconds! Will be way overcooked carefully swirl the pan so the oil evenly coats all the right.... Chinese recipes a wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee.! - Gourmet Chinese egg noodles are often combines with meat, vegetables and other ingredients seasonings. – either sliced thinly or into 2″/4cm pieces or tofu wok over high heat beef or chicken, stems. Skillet heat for several minutes until it … Bring a large pot of salted... Printable recipe with a non-stick coating, heat 1 1/2 … Rose Brand - Gourmet Chinese egg.... With thinly julienned scallions, set aside few more noodles pinned a whole bunch of bean sprouts my! Freezing cold days like today your ingredients / sauce prepared and ready next to the packet Instructions rate recipe! A 16-18 inch skillet over high heat called velveting, I had the sudden urge for (. And I can throw one together using virtually any ingredients take 15 – 20+ minutes to eat,. A similar Chinese noodles, how was your weekend a … Wat Tan Hor ( fried..., zucchini ) – slice into 1/5″ / 3mm slices the title of the sauce sliced!